Here are some poetically significant things, not listed in any poetically significant order:
1) As I write this sentence of L & M’s wedding blog, they are off storming another time zone under the banner of love, champions of an epic honeymoon. Last I saw, through the magic window of InstaStories, they’re in Alicante city, filling my InstaWorld with sexy Spanish coastline and cathedrals and foodporn. Their posts are not only inspiring and contagiously uplifting, they’re funny. Genuine lulz kind of funny.
2) Their wedding featured fishing off the wharf, a rockstar (Brian Byrne), a live band, golden dinosaurs, an f-bomb written in golden sans serif balloon-script, a friendly game of Cards Against Humanity, and the ceremony took place in the Halifax’s Public Library, followed by ice cream.
3) During the ceremony, M couldn’t help but kiss L multiple times before it was announced that he may actually kiss his bride. When he first saw her: *kiss*. Right after she read her vows: *big kiss*. He at least aimed for her forehead or cheek during the premature kisses.
4) As L & M planned their wedding, and through other shared projects, they became real friends to us, and people who Rae and I quite admire.
5) They had a good friend marry them (even though they also hired a Justice of the Peace to make the bonds of holy matrimony official to the appropriate governing bodies).
6) The most important thing they wanted from their photography was candid moments of people being themselves, with their lively and beautiful personalities.
As poetic and ripe with life as these things are, none of them are as poetic as the way L &M look at each other. They love each other so much it’s barely contained. During the ceremony you got the impression that these two, filled with joy from the toes up, might actually burst.
It was just really, really good.
Ceremony Venue: Halifax Central Library
Reception Venue: Delta Hotel (Bluenose Ballroom)
Hair: Dime Salon
Make up: Emily Astrid
Dress: Katrina Tuttle
Cake & Donuts: Scanway
Flowers: The Flower Shop